As requested, feedback regarding Heel-Up,
We have been using Heel-Up from the past 3 months and successfully reduced acquired pressure damage to Zero!
It is not only how we managed to prevent pressure acquired damage but how patients feel about the product.
Our patients cohort are very complex, as either undergone to lengthy procedure >15hours surgery with consequent prolonged stay in critical care units, or palliative and end-of-life, presenting lymphorrhea, Paediatric and &Young adults, among others, all requiring high level of care, prevention and management;
Heel-up has put together in one product, all characteristics we were hoping:
- Patient’s comfort
- Absorbent material (avoiding moisture acquired damage) and controlling damage acquired on lymphoedema patients
- Easy to use (inflatable device)
- Single patient use – approved by Infection control Team
- Can be used with flowtron therapy
- Extremely cost-effective
- Excellent customer service with company who kindly provided training and support to our hospitals.
So far we’ve been very happy with the range and not looking to change to other product any time soon.
Tissue Viability Clinical Nurse Specialist
The Royal Marsden Hospital NHS Foundation Trust